Textile Sensors by MSP made with Tailored Sensor Placement (TSP)
Textile Sensors by MSP is a business unit for technical embroidery of Modespitze Plauen GmbH with developments for the market of technical textiles.
On this page we give a short introduction to a new textile sensor that was developed for (live) monitoring of fibre reinforced plastics.
- health monitoring basing on signals that derive directly out of the fibre reinforced part
- signals are good for measuring and not for detection only
- we call this integrated system DMC – direct material control
all materials used apply to the matrix of the fibre reinforced structure and do prevent from de-lamination of layers or weakening components used
process and technology:
- our system is based on embroidery technology which can add functional components like interconnections and electronic parts to a fabric ground
- the newly developed application technology is called TSP – tailored sensor placement
- TSP connects textiles made of glass, aramid, basalt or carbon with functional structures like sensor areas, feed lines and contact points
- TSP includes also reliable contacts of wires with diameter 0,05 – 0,1 mm, device test and cutting of devices
- next these sensor preforms are suitable for integration in fibre reinforced parts
- possible plastic technologies are RTM composite or dry preforming with thermoplastic constructions
usage of textile sensors:
all light weight structures made of fibre reinforced components and/ or with need for advanced functional density like device monitoring for security or performance reasons
fields of application:
- mobility sector
- wind power blades
- sports equipment
- health care and medical devices
- construction area
- lightweight engineering
If interested, please contact us. Together with our clients and network partners we develop customized systems to realize higher functional density.