TSP-technology – Tailored Sensor Placement
On this page we give a short introduction to the new developed textile sensors made with innovative Tailored Sensor Placement (TSP).
- health monitoring basing on signals that derive directly out of defined areas of the fibre reinforced matrix
- signals are also good for measuring and not for detection only
- DMC – direct material control
All materials used apply to the matrix of the fibre reinforced structure. Doing so they do prevent from de-lamination of layers or weakening components used inside.
process and technology:
- our system is based on embroidery technology which can add functional components like interconnections and electronic parts to a fabric ground
- the newly developed application technology is called TSP – tailored sensor placement
- TSP connects textiles made of glass, aramid, basalt or carbon with functional structures like sensor areas, feed lines and contact points
- TSP includes also reliable contacts of wires with diameter 0,05 – 0,1 mm, device test and cutting of devices
- next these sensor preforms are suitable for integration in fibre reinforced parts
- possible technologies are RTM for duroplast or dry preforming with thermoplast constructions
Light weight structures made of fibre reinforced components can directly generate precise sensor signals. This is a new option for structures with need for advanced functional density like device monitoring for security or performance reasons.
fields of application:
- mobility sector
- wind power plants
- sports equipment
- health/ medical devices
- construction area
If interested, please contact us. Together with our clients and network partners we develop customized components with high functional density using tailored sensor placement.